You can use our Powerpoint slides to edit or make your own version of the videos. This works best on a Windows computer.
To record audio and/or slide timings:
- Make sure your microphone is connected to your computer and working correctly.
- Download the Powerpoint slides for the video you want to modify or record
- If you want to record narration for all of the slides and change the slide timings (i.e., how long each slide gets displayed), then you can click on the “Slide Show” tab, and then “Record Slide Show.”
- If you want to record narration and change the slide timing for a single slide, advance to the slide you want to record, and click “Record Slide Show.” When you are done, hit the “Escape” key (instead of advancing to the next slide).
- If you want to record the audio for a single slide and/or avoid changing the slide timing, you will need to record a new audio file for each slide. Navigate to the slide for which you want to record audio. Go to the “Insert” tab and the “Audio” button, then “Record Audio…” After you have recorded the audio, go to the “Playback” tab and set the “Start:” option to “automatically.”
To export the slides as a video: On a Windows computer, go to Home -> Export and export the presentation as a video file. On a Macintosh computer, you’ll need to play the presentation (in the Slide Show tab, click “Play from Start”) and use screen recording software to record the presentation as it plays back. QuickTime has screen recording capability (go to File -> New Screen Recording)