Are you interested in using high-quality instructional videos in an introductory calculus class?
We are recruiting college-level instructors of first-semester calculus classes to use our videos during the fall, 2019, and spring, 2020 semesters.
Participants would have access to all of our video, assessment, and data-collection materials, support from the research team, and would receive financial compensation for participation.
Participants would be required to:
- Participate in a 90-minute webinar to learn about the materials and how they have been designed
- Have their students complete a short (5-minute) tutorial to learn how to use the Ximera platform
- Require their students to watch one or more sets of videos using the Ximera platform. In addition to watching the videos, the students would complete pre- and post-video questions to assess their understanding of the concepts
- Have their students complete a short (5-minute) demographic survey near the end of the semester
Benefits to participants:
- Participants will receive $50 for completing the webinar
- Participants will receive $15 for each video set that is assigned to their students
- Participants will have access to high-quality instructional videos and will learn about the ideas that have been used to design the videos
- Participants will receive support for the videos from the research team
- Participants will have the option to receive data about their students’ participation in the video-watching process (i.e., which videos the students watched and their students’ responses to the pre- and post-video questions)
If you are interested in learning more, please contact Aaron Weinberg ([email protected]).